Coalition Security Services measures on combating COVID-19
In the event a staff member prohibits symptoms similar to COVID-19 symptoms, the patient should;
- Call the control room and describe the symptoms experienced
- Retire from the area of service
- The rescue control should asses the patients condition with the described symptoms
- Equipped ambulance should be dispatched for further medic assesments
- If sysmptoms persiost and are similar to COVID-19 then the patient should be taken to the nearest Government hospital
Self search policy is enforced at all point sto help combat the spread of COVID-19
- Request the client to alight and implements health screening procedures.
- Conduct thermal check and if temperature is below 37.5 degrees the individual should not be granted access.
- Proceed to ask the individuals health questions concerning their health conditions
- Proceed to check the vehicle: open doors and boots for inspection.
- Ask the client to sanitise before being granted access and record their detals upon entry.
- Ensure clients maintain the required safe distance of 1.5 meters while on queues.
- Conduct thermal check and if temperature excedds 37.5 degrees, deny entry
- Proceed to ask the individual health question and if COVID-19 symptoms are experienced from assessment, deny entry.
- Request clients client to display the contents of their bag and proceed to inspect
- Search for contrabands and security threats
- Direct client to walk through metal detector
- Request client to sanitise then proceed to record their details.
- Sanitise the search surface after every search
Coalition Security Services Ltd. staffs are issued with cloth masks. This is to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In addition to this, some assignments may necessitate issuance of additional safety protective gears ie. gloves, face shields, googles etc